Sunday, November 28, 2010

my first haircut

so, mommy has been telling daddy for a couple weeks now that i really need a haircut, and daddy asked her to wait until after thanksgiving. she missed all my curls, which seemed to disappear as my hair continued to grow. she was very happy to hear that Snip-Its was open on sundays, and off we went!

because i barely stop moving these days, daddy was very scared that i was not going to sit still in the haircut chair, and he was even more scared that there would be very sharp scissors by my eyes and ever-moving head. but i actually stayed very still and cooperated with no problem.

what's weird is that when we got home, mom took some more pictures and said something about my hair...so i pointed to it for her. mommy and daddy acted all surprised that i knew what "hair" was, even though they never taught me to show them my hair. i mean, they ask me to show them my feet and my belly all the time, so i just figured i'd show them my hair too. i know a lot more than they think i do!

here are the hair-raising results...can't see the curls yet, but maybe they'll be back after my bath tonight!

before:

during:

after:

now if only mommy could convince daddy that i don't need my pacifier anymore...hopefully a blog post coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Joey - What a big day for you (and mommy and daddy!)! Can't wait until I see you tomorrow. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey - it was sooo nice being with you for Thanksgiving and "Christmas" !! You look like such a big boy with your haircut - can't wait to see you again !! Love, Nana & Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey,

    Your first Ignatius haircut! You'll fit right in.

    Love,
    PAPA

    ReplyDelete