Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day, daddy!

dear daddy,

mommy tells me all the time that you are a 'stand-up guy'. at first i thought that meant you like to do stand-up comedy, but now i know it means you are a pretty special person (even though you ARE really funny and make mommy laugh all the time).

anyway, i think you are pretty special too. in these past 8 1/2 months, i have learned that you are SO good at putting me to bed at night, bathing me, playing with me, hugging me, snuggling with me, feeding me, and taking naps with me (you are REALLY good at that one!)...just to name a few of your talents.

and i know mommy loves you for putting up with her craziness (she said it, not me!) and her soon-relieved stress, and for helping her so much with all the household chores. most of all she loves watching your love for me grow deeper and deeper with every giggle and tug at your pant leg.

mommy sure thinks you are a wonderful man...and so do i. it makes me want to be like you now and when i'm all grown up, too! See what I mean???


I LOVE YOU, DADDY! happy first father's day!

2 comments:

  1. You really have a way with words Joey !! You are a very blessed little boy to have such wonderful parents !! Miss you so much - can't wait to see you again. Love, Nana & Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky little boy to have parents who love you so much, Joey, and I know you think they are pretty special, too - so do Papa and I:) love you!

    ReplyDelete